This is a Grade II* listed building which was purchased by a Trust to convert into shared residential accommodation.
The building was the work of Arts & Crafts designers Joseph Crouch and Edmund Butler circa 1899. Door furniture and copper features by Benjamin Creswick of the Bromsgrove Guild.
Extensive liaison took place between the conservation officer and building control to agree the means of escape. In some places this was achieved by incorporating hatches in the floor with fixed vertical ladders between landings.
Specialist contractors were required to repair the windows, leaded lights, and the copper door furniture.