• pic_01
  • pic_07
  • pic_06
  • pic_05
  • pic_04
  • pic_03
  • pic_02

An ambitious £3.5m refurbishment of a 1930’s ‘streamline moderne’ styled cinema to create a multi-use building including a 1000 seat theatre and church centre.

The theatre, known as The Deco features state of the art production technology and a range of ancillary spaces for hire including catering facilities.

The building is owned a church, which runs part of the building with a café, exhibition space, adult education facilities and a range of services for the disadvantaged.

HDA acted as Client’s agent throughout the project producing the initial scheme and detailing the new balcony insertion, counters, fittings etc.