• pic_01
  • pic_02
  • pic_03
  • pic_04
  • pic_05
  • pic_06
  • pic_07

An ambitious refurbishment of a Grade II listed 1930’s ‘streamline moderne’ styled cinema.

The cinema stood empty for 10 years before undergoing a £3.5m refurbishment to create a multi-use building including a 1000 seat theatre and church centre.

The part of the venue used by the church is known as the ‘Jesus Centre‘ and is one of several similar facilities provided by the Jesus Army Charitable Trust.

The Jesus Centre provides a drop-in lounge, tea room, counselling, medical facilities and various training rooms centred on a cafeteria and exhibition space.